The Secret to Health Insurance Rates
It?s simple to reduce the cost of health insurance if you know how they are set. And this is how:
Your Zip Code. Where you live affects your premiums. Insurers look at the cost of medical services in your city, town, or rural area, and then set base rates accordingly.
Your Age. Many insurers group people by age, or by age group. For instance, the base rates for a 30-34 year old will be lower than those for a 50-54 yea old. In the US, middle aged people, between 50 and 64 can really struggle with health insurance premiums.
Your Health Habits. Overweight people generally have higher premiums than others, the same goes for smokers compared to non-smokers. These factors greatly increase the chances of an expensive doctor?s bill down the road and thus raise the insurance company?s risk of insuring you.
Health Conditions. Even controlled health problems, like high blood pressure, may cause insurers to increase health insurance rates over people who have never been diagnosed with those health conditions.
Type of health insurance plan. If you buy a PPO, where the insurer can encourage you to use their cost-saving network, your health insurance rates may be lower than if you buy a policy where you can get their best coverage with any medical provider.
Tip of the day
What can I do if either me or my car are considered High Risk? Because of an increasing amount of drivers being considered high risk, smaller, lesser known insurance companies have been entering the insurance business. A great deal of these companies specialize in non-standard insurance.
- Both House And Senate Are Yet To Come Up With Final Health Care Package
- Can I Name a Non-Relative as the Beneficiary of my Life Insurance Policy?
- Challenges in Procuring a Home Insurance
- Do You Need a Term Life Insurance Quote?
- Health Insurance Explained ? Why Do You Need It?
- Life Insurance Types ? What Do You Choose?
- Protect Yourself with a Life Insurance Policy
- The Secret to Health Insurance Rates
- Top Tips to Obtain Auto Insurance Discounts
- Types of Car Insurance Coverage