Types of Car Insurance Coverage
If you drive a car you need car insurance. Most states require it by law. When you buy car insurance, you buy ?a policy?. Your car insurance policy is based on a variety of factors including what kind of car you drive as well as what kind of insurance you want. Car insurance policies are actually a package of different types of insurance coverage.
The first step in understanding a car insurance policy is to learn the various types of coverage insurance companies offer. Some of this coverage may be required by your state and some of the coverage may be optional.
Liability coverage - This pays for accidental bodily injury and property damages to others. Injury damages include medical expenses, pain and suffering and lost wages. Property damage includes damaged property and automobiles. This coverage also pays defense and court costs. State laws determine how much liability coverage you must purchase, but you can always get more coverage than your state requires.
Collision coverage - This pays for damages to your vehicle caused by collision with another vehicle or object.
Comprehensive coverage - This pays for loss or damage to the insured vehicle that doesn't occur in an auto accident. The types of damages comprehensive insurance covers include loss caused by fire, wind, hail, flood, vandalism or theft.
Tip of the day
What can I do if either me or my car are considered High Risk? Because of an increasing amount of drivers being considered high risk, smaller, lesser known insurance companies have been entering the insurance business. A great deal of these companies specialize in non-standard insurance.
- Both House And Senate Are Yet To Come Up With Final Health Care Package
- Can I Name a Non-Relative as the Beneficiary of my Life Insurance Policy?
- Challenges in Procuring a Home Insurance
- Do You Need a Term Life Insurance Quote?
- Health Insurance Explained ? Why Do You Need It?
- Life Insurance Types ? What Do You Choose?
- Protect Yourself with a Life Insurance Policy
- The Secret to Health Insurance Rates
- Top Tips to Obtain Auto Insurance Discounts
- Types of Car Insurance Coverage